Workforce Development Project Manager
Are you community oriented and want to contribute meaningfully through your work?
Golden Community Economic Development (CED) is dedicated to working with the community to improve the quality of life of all its residents through a spectrum of initiatives, from housing and childcare through economic diversification and workforce development. Our organization values humans first and provides a respectful, flexible and inclusive work environment.
We are looking for a candidate to fulfill a temporary position for the delivery of the Community Action for Workforce Development project in the Golden area. This is a pilot project funded by Employment and Social Development Canada. The project seeks to identify barriers experienced in rural communities when accessing employment and explore needs for supports for employees and employers.
The Workforce Development Project Manager has the primary responsibility for planning, implementing and tracking the Community Action for Workforce Development project for the Golden area, with the support of our senior staff and executive director. They are responsible for identifying key resources and partnerships, coordinating events and initiatives, and ensuring the key performance indicators of the project are met or surpassed.
This could be one full-time position of 35-40 hours per week or two part-time positions of 17.5 to 20 hours per week.
The successful candidate(s) will be available weekdays and some evenings, flexible hours.
The position start date is as soon as possible and the end date is March 31, 2024.
● Bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration, public administration or an equivalent degree with experience
● 3-5+ years of project management experience
● Economic development work experience an asset
● Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
● 3-5+ years experience in sales and/or customer service
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Excellent time management skills
● Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines
● Excellent attention to detail
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines
● Excellent presentation skills
- Manage all aspects of project implementation, reporting, respecting project requirements and timelines.
- Collect data, prepare, and write reports throughout the project lifespan as necessary.
- Recruit and develop working relationships with employers, potential employees, partners, and adjacent agencies.
- Develop, initiate, and follow through on assigned project initiatives, meeting all the project requirements.
- Provide visibility/awareness for the project and project partners in the community through attending public events, visiting organizations, or by any means appropriate.
- Support community initiatives that align with the project.
- Provide solutions to meet the project partner's needs and initiatives.
- Represent project partners in a positive and impactful way.
- Work alongside a communications team to create content for the project’s marketing requirements.
- Additional tasks or initiatives that the project may require as it evolves.
How to apply
Golden BC V0A1H0