Small Engine Mechanic / Technician
Work where you play! Mountain Motorsports, is located in Golden BC, the heart of epic riding. The # 1 Choice In Motorsports - this is a Polaris/Yamaha dealership that works on snowmobiles, ATV’s, side by sides & motorcycles - whether the mountains are your backyard, or your vacation destination, Mountain Motorsports keeps wheels rolling and tracks spinning. Delivering a premium experience since 2009 through providing Sales & Service - this locally operated business is at the heart of the powder highway.
We are looking for an outdoor enthusiast, who is passionate about motorsport servicing, repairs and customer service. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work where they play. The Technician will report directly to the Service Manager as well as the owners, Kim & Aaron Bernasconi who both met when they moved to Golden to enjoy the outdoors, quickly finding they loved many of the same things including snowmobiling. After a startup in their home that quickly grew into a prominent business location, 2 kids, and years of having fun, Mountain Motorsports is the ultimate mountain dealership in BC’s interior playground.
The Technician will support service and repair operations at Mountain MotorSports by building, maintaining and repairing equipment. Reporting to the Service Manager, this role is responsible for direct customer relations and sales, working closely with the Sales/Service Manager to maintain service standards. The Technician must be knowledgeable about motorsports products including being up to date on warranty policies, unit safety updates, and product service training. This role will continually strive to provide our customers with the best recreational experience possible.
- Provide maintenance, repair and services on rental as well as customer equipment/machinery;
- Install new products, and test them to ensure that are working properly;
- Educate customers on how to safely use and maintain their equipment;
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service through direct interaction, sales and explanation of services that have been performed;
- Maintain merchandise by stocking, general tidying of area, and ordering parts for repairs as needed;
- Diagnose problems and come up with solutions to repair them;
- Fill out detailed reports and keep records on services that have been performed;
- Works closely with other departments to maximize profitability on each sale.
- Previous technician and extensive experience repairing machinery/equipment;
- Mechanical troubleshooting aptitude with knowledge of motorsport equipment, recreation, or related shops and procedures;
- Strong customer service experience;
- Time management skills, ability to keep a level head and develop creative solutions;
- Ability to work independently without much supervision;
- Team oriented with a desire to make a positive contribution to the business;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diagnostic skills;
- Passion and enthusiasm for mountain culture and motorsport environment.
- Effective Communication
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Service Excellence
- Reliability & Attention to Detail
- Sales & Persuasion
- Employee Discounts on units, parts, accessories and apparel
- Professional development / internal training with University of Polaris
- Competitive vacation / paid days off for riding clinics, statutory holidays etc.
- Tool allowance
How to Apply